How to Reduce Tummy Fat with a Detox
Many people struggle to eliminate that last bit of fat that they have around the midriff, as the body will ultimately try to conserve what little fat is left. Getting rid of that stubborn excess can be difficult, but detoxification diets can work wonders.
Understanding Belly Fat
There are two types of belly fat:
- Subcutaneous fat – this is stored just under the skin on the abdomen outside the abdominal muscles.
- Visceral fat – this type of fat is stored around the abdominal organs and is more dangerous. You are more likely to have a fatty liver with this type of belly fat and are at higher risk of high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke.
The hormone connection
In order to eliminate the extra belly fat you need to understand how it got there in the first place. In many instances, hormones can be the main culprit in this situation, but there isn’t just one hormone to blame. In fact, Cortisol, insulin, growth hormones and even excess estrogen can all upset the delicate balance that will lead to excess belly fat.
Cortisol is increased in periods of stress, and can lead to the increase of stored fat, as well as the decrease of lean muscle production. As this negative combination persists, the body’s metabolism will be lowered, forcing the body to store more fat.
Insulin, on the other hand, leads to the storage of sugars as fat. Insulin is raised when one eats a meal high in fat and refined carbohydrates like white bread, pasta and sugar. As the insulin level rises, the body stores the excess sugar as additional fat deposits.
Growth hormone won’t lead to excess in fat, but a lack of growth hormone usually results from a lack of exercise. That is why a steady secretion of growth hormone is vital to the body, as it will help burn fat all over throughout exercise.
How a Belly Fat Detox works
- A detox diet eliminates the very foods that lead to insulin resistance, fatty liver and belly fat refined carbohydrates such as white flour, white rice, and sugar that raise insulin.
- It will help to eliminate the chemicals that upset the weight control mechanism. Studies show that a body that’s not loaded with chemicals functions better than one loaded down with toxins
- A detox diet will help to get rid of the chemicals that are known as estrogen mimics. They act like estrogen in your body and led to estrogen excess which attracts belly fat.
A strong detox diet will consist of high liquid consumption with very little food consumption over the course of a few days. If approached appropriately, detox diets can be one of the most effective ways to lose the extra belly fat stored up by all those hormones.
The first step to a detox diet is also the most essential. It requires a consistent and high consumption of water throughout the day. Drinking around 6 – 8 glasses of pure water each day at set intervals will keep the stomach from becoming overly hungry, and will help the body stay hydrated during the process.
Adequate water can also help cleanse the digestive track; a bonus while losing weight if you want to flatten your stomach as well as detox belly fat.
For more information reach us through