Do you have a headache, you have a stomach ache and you feel lethargic? You, my friend, could be suffering from a hangover. That head ache comes from dehydration –alcohol is a diuretic and your body is adjusting to your dropping blood alcohol levels, after your last drink.
WANT TO FEEL BETTER? THEN DO THE FOLLOWING:
DRINKS FOR A HANGOVER:
1. WATER-drinking some water before heading to bed can help prevent some painful hangover symptoms but grabbing the water bottle in the morning doesn’t hurt at all.
2. GINGER /PEPPERMINT– look no further than your favorite herbal tea. Ginger helps in reducing nausea and morning sickness and peppermint helping easing the stomach pain and decrease nausea.
3. FRESH FRUIT JUICE– the fructose in sweet fruits gives the body some instant energy and juice also contains vitamins and plenty of water to help rehydrate the body.
FOODS THAT HELP BEAT A HANGOVER:
1.EGGS-eggs are full of amino acids which help to boost your energy levels back to normal.
2. BANANAS, DATES AND LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES-this contain potassium an important electrolyte that helps to rehydrate your body.
3. CHICKEN SOUP– helps to boost your energy.
4. OATS-Take this super food for a spin when you are feeling less than stellar in the morning, a hot bowl of oat meal help neutralize acids in the body and raise blood sugar levels giving you an instant energy boost.
To avoid a hangover, make sure you keep hydrated by drinking a lot of water and do not consume alcohol on an empty stomach. It is advisable to also understand the effects of drinking alcohol on your body.